Welcome to our new series, Fake-cations, where we will take you on a tour of the world’s cuisines without you ever having to leave your kitchen. This week, we are heading to… the United States! Getting messy with a good plate of wings is one of life’s simplest pleasures. Bring a Stateside summer to your British backyard with these spicy, succulent wings that you’ll want to make over and over again.
1. Pat your chicken wings dry with paper towels to soak up any excess moisture on them.
2. Rub the wings with a little salt and pepper and place onto a baking sheet.
3. Bake the wings into the oven at 200°C degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. In a bowl, mix the BBQ sauce, honey, spicy mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Pour the mixture into a pan over a low heat and simmer until the sauce starts to thicken and bubble.
6. Once the wings are cooked, add them to the sauce and gently turn them in the pan until they are coated.
7. Let the wings cook in the sauce for 5-10 minutes, then serve and get sticky!