This baked eggs recipe makes a healthy, filling breakfast. Serve with lightly toasted pitta or chunks of crusty bread, and try adding a pinch of chilli flakes along with the parsley if you'd like a little extra heat.
- Add a dash of oil to a large skillet and fry the onions and peppers until soft. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, stir well and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- After this time, crumble in the feta and season with salt and pepper to taste. Using the back of a wooden spoon, make 6 small dents in the tomato mixture and crack an egg into each.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 5 - 10 minutes, until the eggs are cooked through with a soft yolk (if you don’t have an ovenproof pan leave it on the hob and place a lid over it instead).
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.