This striking beetroot soup has a lovely, earthy flavour thanks to the addition of kale. Serve with crusty bread for the perfect winter supper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic and celery. Cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat, or until soft but not coloured
- Add the beetroot, stock, water and a little seasoning to the pan, then simmer for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, toast the seeds in a dry pan until they start to pop. Remove and set aside to cool until ready to serve
- Add the kale to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes, then blend until smooth – this might take several minutes. For a smoother consistency, strain the soup through a sieve into a clean pan
- Return the pan to the heat and stir in the horseradish and a little more oil, if required, plus seasoning to taste
- Divide between serving bowls and finish with a swirl of Greek yoghurt, chopped coriander and the toasted seeds