Chicken pot pie with seasonal greens
This chicken pie recipe is packed with seasonal greens, and is a great way of using up leftover roast meat to make a quick and tasty Monday night supper.
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan/gas mark 7.
- Fry the leeks in the butter in an ovenproof dish and add the kale in batches, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Stir through the flour and cook for 1 minute, then pour in the stock. Cook for 1 minute before adding the cream, chicken and peas.
- Arrange the potato over the top, overlapping to completely cover the filling. Brush with melted butter and season, baking for 30 – 35 minutes until golden.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes, then scatter over paprika and parsley to garnish. Serve with a green salad.