Looking for a low-carb picnic option? These crustless quiches are delicious and filling, but are made without any pastry. The recipe is adaptable too – try one of our three filling suggestions, or put together your own combinations using the method and egg mix as a base.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas mark 4. Liberally grease a 6-hole muffin tin.
- For the butternut, bacon and feta quiches: fry the bacon and squash in the oil over a medium-high heat for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Divide between the muffin tin holes. Beat together the eggs, cream and milk until smooth and add half of the cheese. Pour into the muffin tin and top with the remaining cheese.
- For the broccoli and basil pesto quiches: boil the broccoli for 1 minute, then drain and refresh in ice-cold water. Drain again once cool and divide between the muffin tin holes. Beat together the eggs, cream, milk, pesto and cornflour, then stir through the cheese. Pour the mix into the tins.
- For the roasted red pepper, pesto and mozzarella crustless quiches: beat together the eggs, cream, milk, cornflour and red pesto until smooth and stir through the mozzarella. Divide the red pepper pieces between holes in the muffin tin and pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake the quiches for 15–18 minutes, until golden and just set. Leave the quiches to cool completely in their tins before sliding out and chilling until ready to serve.