Capturing the flavours of fish pie, this weaning recipe can be adapted as your little one grows until they’re ready to eat proper fish pie with the rest of the family. Most mild white fish would work well in this recipe, or try salmon for a boost of omega 3.
From 9 months
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C/gas mark 6.
- Cook the potato in boiling water for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wrap the fish fillet in foil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until cooked through. Set aside to cool, then flake with a fork and check carefully for bones.
- Add the peas to the pan with the potatoes and cook for a further 3 - 5 minutes. Drain well and mash roughly with a fork.
- Add the cheese to the pan along with the fish and a little breast, formula or cow’s milk to loosen if required. Leave to cool slightly before serving.