Giant banana cookie
Preparation time: 15 mins
Fun and nostalgic, this cookie’s best served straight from the pan topped with scoops of ice cream.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas mark 4. Lightly grease a medium-sized ovenproof frying pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until thick and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and pour into the butter mix, folding in carefully with a spatula, until fully combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks then spoon the mixture evenly into the greased pan. Push the banana halves across the top and bake in the oven for 30–35 minutes.
- Once cooked, leave to cool for 10 minutes for a soft cookie or allow to cool completely for a firmer texture. Serve with ice cream.