Gnocchi with garlic butter greens
Preparation time: 10 mins
Gnocchi is a real midweek treat, and combined with garlic butter greens, this vibrant and texture-rich recipe will soon become a go-to. Pair with a glass of Italian Pecorino for a great flavour combination.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the asparagus and broccoli for 2 minutes, then quickly drain and plunge into cold water (this will help them keep their colour).
- Place a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Pat the vegetables dry, then brush with oil and cook on the hot griddle for 2–3 minutes, turning to given them an even char – it may be easier to do this in batches.
- Bring another pan of salted water to the boil and cook the gnocchi according to packet instructions. Drain and set to one side.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter and Easy garlic in a large frying pan, heating until the butter bubbles and the garlic is fragrant. Add the drained gnocchi and fry for 1–2 minutes, until golden, then add the asparagus and broccoli and toss in the butter for a further 1–2 minutes.
- Stir through the rocket leaves, mix and season generously with salt and pepper. Divide between plates and serve.