Greek yoghurt cheesecake with honey-poached fruit
This baked cheesecake recipe gets added creaminess from the addition of Greek yoghurt to its filling. Served with honey-poached fruits – use your favourite seasonal varieties – it makes a delicious dessert all year round.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C/gas mark 4.
- Using a food processor, blitz the biscuits to fine crumbs and tip into a bowl. Mix in the melted butter until fully combined, then pour the mixture into a lined 24cm loose-bottomed cake tin, pressing down with the bottom of a glass until compact. Transfer to the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream cheese, yoghurt, sugar, vanilla seeds and eggs together in a bowl to form a smooth mixture. Pour into mixture into the cake tin, place the tin onto an oven tray and bake in the oven for around 50 - 55 minutes – the centre should have a slight wobble.
- Once cooked, leave to cool in the tin before carefully removing the sides. Leave the cheesecake on the tin base and chill in the fridge until firm.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fruits. Cut the fruit into wedges and put in a saucepan with the honey, vanilla pod and bay leaf and gently heat so that the fruit softens but holds its shape. Leave to stand in the honey until ready to serve.
- Once chilled, carefully slide the cheesecake from the tin onto a serving plate. Serve with the fruit and honey drizzled over the top.