This vibrant pavlova recipe makes the most of the season's best fruit. Try cooking the fruit on a clean section of your barbecue, and add a dash of rum to the cream for an extra decadent dessert.
- Preheat the oven to 130ºC/110ºC fan/gas mark ½. Line a baking sheet with a 22cm circle of baking parchment.
- For the meringue, whisk the egg whites to medium-stiff peaks in a very clean, dry bowl. Add the sugar in two batches, whisking until glossy.
- Form a paste with the remaining ingredients and whisk into the meringue mixture. Spread the meringue across the parchment, creating a slight dip in the centre.
- Bake for 90 minutes, until light and dry. Leave to cool inside the oven for 30 minutes, then open the door to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the syrup. Mash 100g of the blueberries in a pan and add the water and sugar. Simmer on high for 8–10 minutes to reduce.
- Strain the syrup through a sieve and discard the pulp. Add the remaining blueberries and leave to cool.
- Brush the stone fruit with butter and griddle for 5–6 minutes, turning once. Set aside to cool.
- To serve, fill the pavlova with cream and grilled fruit. Drizzle over the blueberry syrup, garnishing with mint and icing sugar.