Make your own homemade baked beans for filling midweek meals or tasty brunches. Served with grilled sausages, or spoon over toasted bread and top with grated cheese.
- Add a dash of oil to a large saucepan and place over a medium heat. Fry the onion and garlic and bacon for 3 - 5 minutes, then add the rosemary, paprika and a pinch of sugar.
- Cook for a little longer, stirring well until combined, then add the beans and passata to the pan. Stir again, seasoning with salt, pepper and more paprika to taste.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for half an hour, or until thickened into a rich sauce. Alternatively, bake in the oven in a casserole dish for 30 - 40 minutes at 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6.
- 30 minutes before serving, arrange the sausages across a baking tray lined with foil. Prick with a fork and bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Divide the beans between bowls and top with the cooked sausages and a pinch of chopped rosemary.