This romanesco linguine is similar to the simple but delicious Italian recipe, pasta e broccoli, instead swapping the traditional chilli and Parmesan for pine nuts and lemon zest.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the romanesco. Simmer for 6 – 8 minutes, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, place a large frying pan over a medium heat and toast the pine nutes for 1 minute. Tip onto a plate and set aside until required.
- Return the frying pan to the hob and reduce the heat. Add a generous dash of oil and gently fry the garlic.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the romanesco from the water and add to the pan with the garlic. Bring the water back up to the boil, topping up a little if required, and add the linguine. Cook according to packet instructions until just tender.
- Toss the romanesco in the oil and gently fry until coloured.
- Drain the linguine and toss through with the romanesco, loosening with a little pasta water. Stir through the crème fraîche, lemon zest and juice to taste, then scatter over the pine nuts and season generously before serving,