Mediterranean fish and chorizo stew
Trying to eat more seafood? This warming Mediterranean stew is packed with prawns, cod and mussels, as well as a mixture of herbs, vegetables and juicy chunks of chorizo.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the chorizo for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the onion, celery and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, then the garlic and herbs. Cook for a further minute, then pour in the tomatoes and stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cod and mussels and cook for 5 minutes, seasoning well. Stir in the prawns and warm through for 2 minutes.
- For the croutons, slice the baguette into 8 pieces and toast on both sides until crisp.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, garlic, paprika and add a dollop onto each crouton.
- Divide the soup between bowls and top with the croutons and a sprinkling of basil.