One-pot chicken tray bake
This is an easy one-pot recipe that makes the most of autumn’s colourful seasonal vegetables and our free-range chicken breasts. The method can be easily adapted for the different seasons – try making with new potatoes, leeks and purple sprouting broccoli in spring. Enjoy with a glass of Malborough Pinot Noir for a fabulous wine pairing.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Grease a large baking tray with a little oil.
- Mix the pesto the olive oil and wholegrain mustard. Put the vegetables into the baking tray and spoon over two thirds of the pesto mixture. Toss until evenly coated, then roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the breadcrumbs and parsley together. Coat the chicken in the remaining pesto mix, then coat with the breadcrumbs. Use a pastry brush to dab the tops gently with olive oil.
- Nestle the chicken breasts amongst the vegetables and return to the oven for 25 - 30 minutes, until it is cooked through and the vegetables are tender – gently shake the pan halfway through cooking.
- Garnish with shredded baby spinach leaves and chopped parsley just before serving.