Spring roasts call for a lighter type of roast potato. These roasted baby potatoes are easy to make and, with a mix of fresh herbs added just before serving, bring a lovely, fragrant flavour to a meal.
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan/gas mark 6.
- Scrub the potatoes and scatter across a baking tray.
- Using the end of a rolling pin, bash the garlic (still in its skin) until crushed. Dot the garlic amongst the potatoes on the tray.
- Add the rosemary to the tray and drizzle over olive oil. Toss the tray to evenly coat the potatoes in the olive oil, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30–35 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- To serve, stir through the chopped fresh herbs and top with a pinch of salt.