Roasted root vegetables
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cold, windy and wet weather calls for something that’ll warm us up even on the chilliest of days. This roasted root vegetable recipe will do the trick, and works just as well as a main, as it does an accompaniment to roast dinners.
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Place carrots, butternut squash and potatoes in separate containers. Add water to cover; let them soak for several minutes. Drain.
- Pour olive oil into large mixing bowl; add all the vegetables and toss to coat. Stir in 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, thyme. Spread vegetables evenly on a 12x18-inch rimmed sheet pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then stir the vegetables. Continue to bake for 30 minutes; stir again. Bake until the vegetables are brown and tender, about 20 more minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish; garnish with torn flat leaf parsley and remaining fine sea salt.