Slow cooker fajitas with corn on the cob
Preparation time: 20 mins
Ideal for sharing with friends and family, the addition of crunchy, fresh corn on the cob makes this a real feast, perfect for get-togethers or weekend gatherings.
For the fajitas:
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Place peppers and chopped tomatoes on top of chicken.
- Mix spicy fajita sauce and spicy fajita mix in a medium bowl. Pour over the chicken. Place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours OR on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours until chicken is done.
- Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Gently stir chicken and sauce with a plastic or wooden slotted spoon. Spoon 1/2 cup of chicken mixture into centre of each tortilla; add desired toppings and fold tortilla over filling.
For the corn on the cob:
- Heat corn in the microwave until cooked through and tender, about 3 ½ minutes.
- Hold the tapered end of the corn with a towel over a cutting board. Cut the bottom 1-inch off of the thick end of the cob. Squeeze tapered end of corn cob out of husk and silk.
- Season to taste.