Packed with vegetables, potatoes and chunks of chorizo, this Spanish omelette recipe makes a delicious and well-balanced meal. Any leftovers would work well in a packed lunch, or as part of a sophisticated picnic.
- Heat half the oil in a medium, non-stick frying pan and, once hot, add the potatoes and onions. Toss them around in the oil to coat, then turn the heat right down, cover with a lid and cook gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peppers, courgettes, peas and chorizo to the pan and mix well. Cover again and cook for a further 5 - 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are beginning to soften.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs lightly in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Once the vegetables are cooked, tip the contents of the pan into the egg mixture and place the pan back over the heat.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and allow to heat up. Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into the pan and cook for 1 minute, then turn the heat right down to low and cook for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Once almost cooked through, turn the grill on to medium-high. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the omelette and slide the pan under the grill for 5 minutes until golden and bubbling. Leave to cool and firm up before serving.