Kids will love these veg-packed croquettes, which are also perfect for parties. You can also try swapping the potatoes for leftover mash, and substitute the greens for the same quantity of cooked veg – great for meat-free Mondays.
1. Simmer the potatoes for 15 minutes, adding the broccoli halfway through. Drain and return the pan.
2. Meanwhile, wilt the spinach in 2 tsp oil and a splash of water. Squeeze the spinach in the pan and leave to drain on kitchen paper, squeezing again when cool enough to handle.
3. Roughly chop the spinach and add to the potato pan along with the cheese. Mash together, seasoning well. Once cool, shape the mixture into 12 croquettes and chill for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the pesto. Blitz everything but the yoghurt in a food processor until finely chopped. Chill in the fridge.
5. Lay out the flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Coat each croquette in the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Heat a shallow layer of oil in a frying pan and cook the croquettes in batches for 4–5 minutes, turning frequently, until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
6. Mix 3 tbsp of the rocket pesto through the yoghurt and serve with the croquettes.