A filling, tasty halloumi wrap recipe that would work well on a vegetarian barbecue menu. The spicy tandoori marinade on the cheese is offset by a cool, minty raita and zingy mango salsa. Match with a glass of Mezquiriz Navarra Rosé for the perfect wine pairing.
- Begin by making the tandoori marinade. Mix together the curry powder, yoghurt, lemon juice and olive oil. Coat the halloumi pieces in the marinade, cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the raita and salsa. Mix the raita ingredients, cover and chill. Mix the mango salsa ingredients together, cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Thread the marinated halloumi pieces onto skewers, reserving any leftover marinade. Brush a hot griddle pan – or barbecue – with oil and cook the halloumi skewers over a high heat for 5 - 7 minutes, turning regularly and brushing on any remaining marinade.
- Once the halloumi pieces are golden and beginning to charr, remove the pieces from the skewers and set aside.
- Warm the wraps for 20 seconds each in a microwave, then fill with the tandoori halloumi, raita, mango salsa and salad.