Preparation time: 10 mins
Additional time information:
Plus 40 mins resting time
When you’re after something warming and tasty for your next midweek meal, try our November My Lidl community recipe of the month, created by our community member, Mandy. Rich with tomatoes and with a tang of goat's cheese, adding anchovies is optional if you’re after some extra saltiness.
- Start by slicing the large tomatoes and halving the cherry tomatoes. Place on a baking sheet that has a couple of layers of kitchen roll on it and sprinkle with sea salt. Set aside for at least 30 minutes to release excess liquid.
- Once you've rolled your pastry out and put on a baking sheet, spread the mustard over it and place the sliced tomatoes in a single layer, leaving about 3 inches of pastry all the way around - you're aiming for a circular shape - and finish off with the cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle over the garlic and oregano.
- Fold the pastry edges over the tomatoes - you may have to tear off some of the pastry to avoid it getting too bulky.
- Egg wash the pastry. Give the tomatoes a good grind of black pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6 and bake for around 35 - 40 mins. It’s worth checking from 25 minutes to see how the galette is baking.
- 5 minutes or so before it's ready to come out of the oven, crumble over some goat’s cheese and put the anchovies on top in a criss-cross pattern. It may or may not need another drizzle of olive oil.
- When cooked, leave to settle for about 10 minutes before serving. It's also good at room temperature.