This playful vegetable side dish makes magical use of our Oaklands Fun Size Unicorn Carrots, layering the different colours together as a nod to popular 'unicorn' desserts. Serve alongside a main meal or even in place of mashed potato for an extra veggie hit.
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to a simmer. Set aside 4 small carrots to use as the garnish and boil the rest for 10 – 12 minutes along with the parsnips, until softened. For a stronger colour, boil each colour vegetable separately.
- Drain the vegetables and divide the carrots by colour.
- Blitz the orange carrots to a smooth puree in a food processor, adding 1 teaspoon of butter. Set aside and keep warm, then rinse the food processor jar and repeat the process with the parsnips.
- Finally, rinse the jar again and blitz the purple carrots, adding a small squeeze of lemon juice for a deeper colour.
- Layer up glass ramekins with the different coloured mash, garnishing each with a carrot horn. Serve as a veggie side as part of a main meal.