This vegetable potato pie recipe, packed with spices and flavours is a favourite of Anisa - Instagrammer, YouTuber and mum, and is a great addition to your Ramadan spread. Serve with two portions of your favourite vegetables.
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
2. Peel the potatoes and carrots, chop into small chunks and parboil with the peas for 8–10 minutes until just tender. Drain, stir through the sweetcorn and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onions until soft. Add the mixed vegetables along with the spices, Easy garlic, chilli, black pepper and a pinch of salt. Stir gently and cook for 2 minutes over a medium heat.
4. Add the tomato puree, ketchup, fresh tomato and red pepper. Cover and cook for a further 4 minutes, until the tomato begins to soften. Remove the heat and allow to cool a little, then stir through the chopped herbs.
5. Roll out a sheet of pastry and cut into 8 equal rectangles, then repeat for the second sheet. Spoon 1–2 tsp of the filling into the centre of each rectangle and fold the pastry over the filling, sealing the edges with water. Brush each parcel with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.