Vegetable curry with pea and cauliflower
This vegetarian curry recipe makes a great midweek meal as it’s super quick and uses mainly store cupboard or frozen ingredients – perfect for those nights when you’re stuck for dinner inspiration!
- Peel and finely chop the onions and carrots, then fry lightly in a pan along with the olive oil. Add the curry powder and fry for a further minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the tomato purée to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes, then pour in the plum tomatoes and mash them in the pan.
- Add the vegetable stock to the pan, stir well and season to taste with salt, chilli powder and cinnamon (if using).
- Bring the curry to the boil, add the frozen vegetables to the pan and leave to simmer on a very low heat for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the basmati rice in 450ml of cold, slightly salted water for 12 minutes. Once cooked, drain and fluff with a fork.
- When ready to serve, stir the sour cream through the curry and sprinkle over the cashew nuts and chopped coriander. Divide the cooked rice between bowls and top with a generous portion of curry.