Whisky and tablet cheesecake
Preparation time: 35 mins
Additional time information:
For best results, set for 24 hours in the fridge
Rich, creamy, and with a delicious kick of Queen Margot whisky, this recipe developed by chef Tony Singh, combines a true taste of Scottish produce - from oatcakes to tablet - with a decadent dessert that’ll be a crowd pleaser for any occasion.
- Lightly butter a 24cm spring form cake tin, or individual rings.
- Make the base by combining the oatcakes, 100g of tablet mix and butter and press into the base of the tin.
- Beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Mix the tablet into the cream cheese and taste. Add whisky to taste, then gently fold in the cream.
- Spoon the cream mixture over the top
of the base and cover. Chill for at least 6 hours (24 hours if possible) before carefully decanting and serving in wedges.
- Garnish with mint leaves, strawberries and raspberries.