White chocolate cookies with cashew nuts
These white chocolate cookies combine soft dough with crunchy chunks of cashew nut – the perfect balance of textures. If you’re making a smaller batch simply freeze half of the dough and bake another time when you’re in need of a sweet fix.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Whisk together the butter, sugar and salt until creamy, then add the egg, flour and baking powder to the bowl and mix well.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate and cashew nuts and add two thirds of each to the two. Mix well to combine, then use a tablespoon to portion out small circles of dough across the baking trays (leave a space between each circle as they will expand).
- Press the remaining nuts and chocolates on top of the biscuits and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until beginning to colour round the edges.
- Leave to cool a little on the tray, then transfer to a wire rack and dust lightly with sugar.