|cups cup||oil oil|
|1|| red onions
|1 tbsp tbsp||garlic ginger paste garlic ginger paste|
|3|| green chillies
| Whole chicken
(skinless, cut into 14-16 pieces)
|tsp tsp||cumin cumin|
|1 tsp tsp||ground coriander ground coriander|
|tsp tsp||cayenne cayenne|
|1 tsp tsp||salt salt|
|cups cup||water water|
|cups cup||yogurt yogurt|
|tsp tsp||black pepper black pepper|
|cups cup|| coriander
This chicken kahari is a tasty go-to curry dish that is packed with rich flavour. Enjoy with plain basmati rice or naan bread and savour each mouthful of this delicious halal meal that is quick and simple to make.
1. In a large pot, heat the oil and add in the chopped onions. Sauté the onions until lightly golden brown. Then add the ginger, garlic, and green chili pepper for a bit of kick. By now, you can smell the aromatics of the dish.
2. Add and sauté the chicken. The chicken should be seared and gives the dish that extra bit of flavour and colour. Sprinkle in a pinch of salt for taste.
3. Add the rest of the spices, chopped tomatoes and salt. The cumin will give the dish some added punch and the tomatoes will give it a lovely richness.
4. Cover the pot with the lid and allow the chicken to simmer. The tomatoes will break down into smaller chunks.
5. On high heat, remove the lid and cook to evaporate the water content. The chicken is done once it has a glossy appearance as the ghee/oil starts to separate.
6. Add in the yogurt for a bit of creaminess and continue to cook it through until the oil starts to combine with the dish again.
7. Finish off with some black pepper and garam masala and stir it well into mix.