|1 packs pack||mussels in white wine sauce mussels in white wine sauce|
|1||chicken breast chicken breast|
|cut into chunks|
|300 g g||paella rice paella rice|
|1||red onions red onion|
|1||red peppers red pepper|
|cut into strips|
|100 g g||green beans green beans|
|100 g g||Peas Pea|
|100 g g||king prawns king prawn|
|6||fantail prawns fantail prawn|
|600 ml ml||chicken stock chicken stock|
|1 tsp tsp||paprika paprika|
|cut into 6 wedges|
|low calorie cooking spray low calorie cooking spray|
|or olive oil if preferred|
1 syn paella with mussels
This fantastic Slimming World recipe from Pinch of Nom means you can enjoy a big plate of paella for just 1 syn per portion. Loaded with chicken, shellfish and vegetables, it makes a filling - and impressive - dinner dish served alongside a green salad. Enjoy with a glass of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
- Mist a large frying pan with cooking spray (or add a drizzle of olive oil, if using) and place over a medium heat. Add the chicken breast and fry for 5 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and continue to cook until softened.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir well, then sprinkle over the paprika. Allow the rice to toast lightly, then pour over the stock. Stir well and cover the pan with a lid, leaving to simmer over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, green beans, peas and king prawns to the pan and gently mix into the rice. Cover the pan again and cook for a further 8 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the mussels (including the sauce), then arrange the fantail prawns at regular intervals across the top of the paella.
- Cover again and cook for 5 minutes to heat through the shellfish.
- Taste and check the seasoning, adjusting if required. Scatter the lemon wedges across the top and serve immediately, placing the pan in the centre of the table.