|3|| green chillies
(fresh, deseeded and chopped)
|2|| garlic cloves
|1 inch inch|| ginger
|2 tsp tsp||chilli powder chilli powder|
|1 tsp tsp||turmeric turmeric|
|250 g g||tomato passata tomato passata|
|125 g g||Greek yoghurt Greek yoghurt|
|0.5 packs pack|| Mint
(leaves finely chopped)
|300 g g|| king prawns
|500 g g|| Basmati rice
|0.5|| green peppers
|0.5|| red peppers
|0.5 packs pack|| coriander
Anisa’s prawn biryani
Try this speedy prawn biryani recipe from YouTuber and mum, Anisa. With added oomph from green chillies and creamy yoghurt, it’s a great recipe for Eid. Serve alongside two portions of vegetables.
- Add a dash of oil to a pan and fry the onion over a medium heat until golden brown. Stir in the green chilli for kick, along with the garlic, ginger, chilli powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric. Fry for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Stir in the passata with yoghurt for creaminess and a good squeeze of lemon juice. Mix through the fresh mint for zing and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns to the pan and season well. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the prawns are just warmed through. Meanwhile, prepare the microwave rice (if using pouches) and cook according to packet instructions.
- Mix the cooked rice with the remaining ½ tsp turmeric and spoon half into the bottom of a lidded pot. Pour over the prawn masala, topping with the remaining rice.
- Scatter over the chopped pepper for colour and cover the pan with a lid. Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, garnishing with coriander to serve.