For the sausage patties
|600 g g||pork sausages pork sausage||
|removed from skins|
|large, finely chopped|
|40 g g||ginger ginger||
|1 tsp tsp||chillies chilli||
|(flakes or powder)|
|1 tsp tsp||black pepper black pepper||
For the mustard onions
|2||red onions red onion||
|peeled, and finely sliced|
|2 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil||
|3 tbsp tbsp||vinegar vinegar||
|1 tbsp tbsp||mustard mustard||
|1 tbsp tbsp||parsley parsley||
|4||morning rolls morning rolls||
Aromatic sausage patties with mustard onions
Sausages and mustard are a match made in heaven, and this recipe by Scottish chef Tony Singhcombines the two perfectly. A real winner for any meal time, the addition of chilli and ginger make this an extra-special taste sensation.
1. To make the sausage patties, simply combine the sausage meat with the garlic, ginger, chilli and black pepper. With your hands form into 4 even-sized portions, and shape into patties.
2. Heat oil in a heavy frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the patties for approx. four minutes on each side. When golden brown and cooked through, remove to a warm plate, and cover lightly with foil.
3. In a heavy-based pan heat 2 tbsp olive oil, add onions and cook over a medium heat until onions have cooked down for 1⁄2 hour.
4. Take off heat and stir in mustard and vinegar, season with salt, pepper and, if needed, sugar.
5. To serve - place onions with patty on top in a roll and enjoy.