For the sausage patties
|600 g g|| pork sausages
(removed from skins )
(large, finely chopped)
|40 g g|| ginger
|1 tsp tsp|| Red chillies
(flakes or powder)
|1 tsp tsp||black pepper black pepper|
For the mustard onions
|2|| red onions
(peeled, and finely sliced)
|2 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil|
|3 tbsp tbsp|| vinegar
|1 tbsp tbsp||mustard mustard|
|1 tbsp tbsp|| parsley
|4|| morning rolls
Aromatic sausage patties with mustard onions
Sausages and mustard are a match made in heaven, and this recipe by Scottish chef Tony Singhcombines the two perfectly. A real winner for any meal time, the addition of chilli and ginger make this an extra-special taste sensation.
1. To make the sausage patties, simply combine the sausage meat with the garlic, ginger, chilli and black pepper. With your hands form into 4 even-sized portions, and shape into patties.
2. Heat oil in a heavy frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the patties for approx. four minutes on each side. When golden brown and cooked through, remove to a warm plate, and cover lightly with foil.
3. In a heavy-based pan heat 2 tbsp olive oil, add onions and cook over a medium heat until onions have cooked down for 1⁄2 hour.
4. Take off heat and stir in mustard and vinegar, season with salt, pepper and, if needed, sugar.
5. To serve - place onions with patty on top in a roll and enjoy.