(crushed and chopped)
|0.5 packs pack||smoked bacon lardon smoked bacon lardon|
|0.5 cartons carton||tomato passata tomato passata|
|0.5|| Red chillies
(deseeded and finely chopped)
|150 g g|| cherry tomatos
|0.5|| red peppers
(deseeded and diced)
|200 g g||spaghetti spaghetti|
|olive oil olive oil|
|black pepper black pepper|
This spaghetti all'amatriciana recipe isa traditional Italian pasta dish that can be whipped up in just 15 minutes. Packed with energy, it makes a great meal to serve the family before or after exercise.
- Fry the bacon, onion and garlic in the oil over a medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Bring a pan of salted water up to the boil and cook the spaghetti until just done - about 8 - 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the peppers, tomatoes and chilli to the pan with the bacon and cook for 1 minute, then pour in the passata.
- Season and simmer until the spaghetti is ready.
- Drain the spaghetti, adding a tablespoon of the pasta water to the sauce. Put the spaghetti back in its pan and pour in the tomato sauce.
- Mix well to combine and cook for a further 1 minutes over a medium heat, and serve.