|crushed and chopped|
|0.5 packs pack||smoked bacon lardon smoked bacon lardon||
|0.5 cartons carton||tomato passata tomato passata||
|deseeded and finely chopped|
|150 g g||cherry tomatos cherry tomato||
|0.5||red peppers red pepper||
|deseeded and diced|
|200 g g||spaghetti spaghetti||
|olive oil olive oil||
|black pepper black pepper||
This spaghetti all'amatriciana recipe isa traditional Italian pasta dish that can be whipped up in just 15 minutes. Packed with energy, it makes a great meal to serve the family before or after exercise.
- Fry the bacon, onion and garlic in the oil over a medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Bring a pan of salted water up to the boil and cook the spaghetti until just done - about 8 - 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the peppers, tomatoes and chilli to the pan with the bacon and cook for 1 minute, then pour in the passata.
- Season and simmer until the spaghetti is ready.
- Drain the spaghetti, adding a tablespoon of the pasta water to the sauce. Put the spaghetti back in its pan and pour in the tomato sauce.
- Mix well to combine and cook for a further 1 minutes over a medium heat, and serve.