For the salad
|4||sea bass fillets sea bass fillet|
|1|| crusty bread roll
crusty bread roll|
(torn into small chunks)
|1 tbsp tbsp||green pesto green pesto|
|0.5|| butternut squash
(cut into wedges)
|2 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil|
|0.5 tsp tsp|| thyme
|80 g g||walnuts walnut|
(peeled, cored and cut into slices)
|2 packs pack||broccoli broccoli|
|1 bunches bunch||rocket rocket|
For the dressing
(cut into wedges)
|1 tbsp tbsp||extra virgin olive oil extra virgin olive oil|
|black pepper black pepper|
Autumn salad with roasted sea bass
This super seasonal salad looks beautiful on the plate, and there’s plenty going on taste-wise too with baked sea bass, crunchy walnuts and tender roasted butternut squash.
Pair with a glass of our award-winning Gavi.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Place the chopped butternut squash onto a roasting tray, drizzle over 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with the thyme. Season generously with salt and pepper, then roast for about 30 minutes, or until the butternut caramelizes around the edge.
- After 20 minutes, toss the torn rustic bread with the rest of the oil and add to the butternut squash along with the walnuts. Once cooked, the breadcrumbs should be golden, the walnuts lightly toasted and the butternut squash roasted and lightly caramelised. Set the baking tray to one side and leave to cool, leaving the oven on.
- For the sea bass, lightly oil a roasting tray. Season the sea bass and place skin-side down onto the tray. Spread each fillet with the pesto and cook for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the broccoli in plenty of boiling water for 2 minutes - it should retain a bit of bite - and drain. Mix together the dressing ingredients in a small dish, seasoning to taste.
- To assemble the salad combine the roasted squash, walnuts, croutons, broccoli and pears in a large bowl and drizzle over the dressing. Toss through the rocket and pomegranate, dividing between serving plates.
- Top with a sea bass fillet and serve immediately with the lemon wedges on the side.