|75 ml ml||olive oil olive oil|
|180 g g||breadcrumbs breadcrumbs|
|1 handfuls handful|| parsley
(fresh, roughly chopped)
|1 tbsp tbsp||chilli powder chilli powder|
|1 tsp tsp|| Parmesan
|1 packs pack||mussels in white wine sauce mussels in white wine sauce|
Baked mussels with golden breadcrumbs
This tasty baked mussel recipe is easy to prepare and would make a fantastic party canapé. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and a glass or two of chilled white wine.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C/gas mark 6.
- Heat half the oil in a pan and stir through the breadcrumbs, frying lightly until golden brown.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a bowl and add the parsley, chilli, Parmesan and the remaining oil. Mix well, then drain the mussels from their sauce and add enough of the mussel sauce to the breadcrumb mixture to bind it together.
- Once it's reached the right consistency, taste the breadcrumb mixture and adjust the seasoning to taste if required.
- Remove the top shell from each of the drained mussels and spoon over some of the breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange the filled mussels across a baing sheet and bake in the oven for 5 minutes, until crisp and brown.