|1 packs pack||chicken thighs and drumsticks chicken thighs and drumsticks|
(peeled and chopped)
|1 tsp tsp||paprika paprika|
|400 g g|| paella rice
(or risotto rice)
|150 ml ml||white wine white wine|
|400 g g||chopped tomatoes chopped tomatoes|
|2|| red peppers
(deseeded and diced)
|900 ml ml||chicken stock chicken stock|
|150 g g|| chorizo
|1 packs pack||king prawns king prawn|
|2 packs pack||fantail prawns fantail prawn|
|200 g g||Peas Pea|
|1 bunches bunch|| parsley
|olive oil olive oil|
|black pepper black pepper|
Barbecue chicken paella
This barbecue chicken paella recipe makes a fantastic family feast and shows that there’s so much more to barbecue cooking than just grilling. Serve it in the centre of the table with green salad and crusty bread and a glass or two of our Cimarosa Mendoza Torrontes.
- Put the paella pan onto the barbecue and add a dash of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the pan and fry until golden all over - this may need to be done in batches.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm in a low oven, or wrapped in foil on the cool side of the barbecue.
- Add the onion, pepper and chorizo to the pan and fry for a few minutes, then add the garlic and paprika and cook for a further 1 minute. Return the chicken to the pan, pour in the wine and allow to reduce by two thirds.
- Pour the stock and tomatoes into the pan and stir, then cover and leave to cook for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan again and return to the low oven or foil parcel. Pour in the rice, stir once and leave to cook for a further 15 minutes, shaking the pan every now and then.
- Return the chicken to the pan, adding a little more stock or water if required, and cook for a further 8 - 10 minutes, until the rice is cooked through with a little bit of bite.
- Meanwhile, slice the lemon in half and slice one of the halves into wedges. Juice the remaining half and set aside until required.
- Add the prawns and peas to the pan, cover and cook until everything is piping hot. Remove from the heat, stir in the parsley and lemon juice and season to taste.
- Serve in the centre of the table, or divide evenly between plates and garnish with a wedge of lemon.