|8||tortilla wraps tortilla wrap||
|2 tsp tsp||olive oil olive oil||
|1 tins tin||butter beans butter beans||
|1 tins tin||kidney beans kidney beans||
|2||chopped tomatoes chopped tomatoes||
|1 packs pack||chilli con carne spice mix chilli con carne spice mix||
|300 ml ml||plain yoghurt plain yoghurt||
|100 g g||cheddar cheddar||
|finely grated, plus extra to serve|
|4||spring onions spring onion||
Filling, cheesy and lightly spiced, this vegetarian enchilada recipe is bound to become a firm family favourite. Add more or less chilli to the sauce depending on the preference of your little ones.
For the perfect wine pairing, match these enchiladas with a glass of our Nero d'Avola Terre Siciliane.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onions, carrots and garlic. Sauté for 7 - 8 minutes, then add the beans, tomatoes and chilli seasoning to the pan. Stir well and season to taste, then bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt, cheese and spring onions in a small bowl. Turn on the grill to high and allow to heat up.
- To assemble, lay a tortilla on a board or tray, spoon some bean mixture into the centre and roll it up into a tube, tucking the ends in as you go. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and line them up in a large oven dish.
- Pour any remaining chilli mixture over the top of the tortillas and cover with the yoghurt mixture and another handful of grated cheese. Place under the heated grill for 5 - 10 minutes, until the enchiladas begin to brown and go crispy around the edges.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately with a green salad on the side.