For the pickled cranberries
|250 g g||cranberry cranberry||
|fresh or frozen|
|100 ml ml||white wine vinegar white wine vinegar||
|100 ml ml||water water||
|300 g g||Brussels sprouts Brussels sprout||
|1 packs pack||cavolo nero cavolo nero||
|olive oil olive oil||
Brussel sprouts, crispy cavolo nero and pickled cranberries
Step up your Christmas meal with this special spin on Brussels sprouts, offering a wonderful mix of textures, colours and flavours. If you can't find cavolo nero use kale instead.
- A week before serving, prepare the pickled cranberries.Place the sugar, vinegar and water into a pan and bring to the boil. Bring off the heat and add the cranberries. Store in a sealed container and keep in the fridge.
- On the day of serving, preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas mark 4.
- Spread the sprouts onto a roasting tray with a small slug of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes until tender - some of the outer leaves will begin to colour golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool, increasing the oven temperature to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6.
- Roughly chop the cavolo nero and toss in olive oil and salt, then spread over a separate tray and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until well cooked. Remove from the oven and leave to cool - it should have a crunchy texture once cool.
- Before serving, reheat the sprouts in a saucepan along with the orange zest, pickled cranberries and crispy cavolo nero. Season to taste and serve immediately.
Oops! An Error Occurred
The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".
Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.