|300 g g||gammon gammon||
|sliced into chunks|
|300 g g||roast potatoes roast potato||
|100 g g||leftover sprouts leftover sprout||
|chopped, or cabbage (such as cavolo nero)|
|75 g g||grated gouda grated gouda||
|4 tbsp tbsp||grated parmesan grated parmesan||
|1 handfuls handful||parsley parsley||
|olive oil olive oil||
Bubble and squeak
Sprouts give a festive twist to this bubble and squeak recipe, and it’s a great way of using up other Christmas leftovers too. Serve for a filling and tasty Boxing Day brunch.
- Gently sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft and golden.
- Throw in the greens and stir well.
- Crush the potatoes with either a fork or potato masher then add to the pan.
- Stir in the ham and Gouda and cook for three minutes, stirring occasionally and then add the parsley.
- Poach the eggs in gently simmering water for about three minutes, then divide the potato and ham mash between four plates and top with the gherkins and poached eggs.
- Scatter over the Parmesan and a twist of cracked black pepper to serve.