|1 packs pack||ready rolled puff pastry ready rolled puff pastry||
|100 g g||flour flour||
|2 tbsp tbsp||maple syrup maple syrup||
|2 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil||
|2 tbsp tbsp||soya milk soya milk||
Cheesy Leek and Sage Filling
|washed and chopped fine|
|60 g g||margarine margarine||
|65 g g||flour flour||
|3 cups cups||soya milk soya milk||
|1||bay leaves bay leaf||
|2 tsp tsp||English mustard English mustard||
|2 tbsp tbsp||sage sage||
Cheesy leek and sage parcels
Preparation time: 0:15 min
Try this cheesy leek and sage parcels recipe by vegan chef Gaz Oakley, for a plant-based alternative to your usual Christmas party food.
- Place 3 cups of the soy/cashew milk into a saucepan with the onion, bay leaf, seasoning and mustard, then place the saucepan over a low heat to infuse.
- In a medium non stick frying pan placed over a medium heat, add a touch of oil then sauté the leek, garlic and sage for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the leek mixture, and the infused milk from the heat and set aside.
- In another saucepan add the vegan margarine and place the pan over a low heat.When the margarine is melted, add the flour.Using a spatular, mix well.
- Cook the mix whilst stirring for a couple of minutes to cook out the flour. It should resemble a paste like consistency. Once mixed, gradually whisk in the infused milk, a little at a time.
- Once you have added all the milk, the sauce should be creamy.
- Fold the leek mixture into the creamy sauce, then pour the mixture into a bowl and cover over with cling film.
- Chill the creamy filling until cold.
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees C / gas mark 4. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper and whisk together the glaze ingredients (maple syrup, olive oil, soy milk) in a small mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle a little flour on your work surface and roll the pastry to around 3mm thick.
- Cut the pastry into 6 squares and place the squares onto your lined baking trays.
- Spoon around 3 tbs of the chilled cheesy leek filling into the centre of each square, then fold the corners into the middle.
- Brush the pastry with the glaze mixture. Then pop the trays into the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until golden and crisp.