|100 g g|| chestnuts
(roasted and peeled)
|250 g g||chestnut mushrooms chestnut mushroom|
|1|| red onions
(peeled and chopped)
|500 ml ml|| vegetable stock
(prepared to pack instructions)
|50 g g||pecan nuts pecan nut|
|1 tbsp tbsp||Greek yoghurt Greek yoghurt|
|2 tbsp tbsp||olive oil olive oil|
|1 tsp tsp||maple syrup maple syrup|
|4 tsp tsp||Greek yoghurt Greek yoghurt|
Chestnut and mushroom soup
Created by influencer Madeleine Shaw, this chestnut and mushroom soup recipe would make a delicious midweek meal or a great Christmas day starter. As an option, put ¼ of the mushrooms aside, fry them and use as a topping.
- Pierce the chestnuts and roast at 180°C/ gas mark 4, for 10 minutes. Cool, then peel the chestnuts, set aside.
- Sweat the chopped onion, garlic, celery and leeks in 1 tbsp of olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add ¾ of the chopped mushrooms fry for 5 more minutes. Optional: in a separate pan fry the remaining ¼ of the mushrooms to use as a topping.
- Add in the stock and chestnuts, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend into a soup with a tablespoon of Greek yoghurt.
- In a dry pan, toast the pecans for 2 minutes. Add in maple syrup and coat until caramelised.
- Pour the soup into bowls and place a teaspoon of yogurt in the middle, swirl it outwards. Sprinkle over the pecans and parsley to garnish.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- As an option, add your mushroom topping.