For the biscuits
|125 g g||butter butter|
|1 tsp tsp||vanilla extract vanilla extract|
|125 g g||icing sugar icing sugar|
|250 g g||flour flour|
For the buttercream
|500 g g||icing sugar icing sugar|
|250 g g||butter butter|
|yellow food colouring yellow food colouring|
Chick biscuit pops
Children with love helping to decorate these fun, vibrant Easter chick biscuits, although pushing the warm biscuits onto lolly sticks is probably a job best suited to adult hands!
- Combine the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a large bowl and beat together until smooth and creamy. Add the flour to form a dough, then wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- After this time, dust a surface with flour and roll out the dough into a thin layer. Cut out circles using a glass or cutter and arrange across a baking tray. Transfer to the fridge to chill for a further 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Bake the biscuits in the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove the tray from the oven and, while still warm, carefully push a wooden lollipop stick or half a plastic straw into the base of each biscuit. Set aside and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the decorations. Beat together the icing sugar, butter and food colouring to create your desired shade of buttercream. Chop up any sweets to the right side and arrange across a tray.
- Spread the buttercream evenly over the biscuits and use the sweets to decorate.