|200 g g||Smooth tomato sauce Smooth tomato sauce|
|3||chicken breast chicken breast|
|50 g g||flour flour|
|large and beaten|
|6 slices slice||bread bread|
|white bread, pulsed in a food processor into breadcrumbs|
|100 ml ml||vegetable oil vegetable oil|
|or sunflower oil for frying|
|6||white rolls white roll|
|75 g g||mozzarella mozzarella|
|2||spring onions spring onion|
|20 g g||butter butter|
Chicken and cheese sliders
Preparation time: 0:20 min
A real treat for your midweek meals, this recipe for chicken and cheese sliders is super easy to put together. Serve with two portions of your favourite vegetables (we think corn on the cob works great) and try pairing with a crisp glass of Chablis.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6. Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally, then cut in half crossways.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the flour,then the egg, then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the chicken for 2 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Cut the tops of the rolls (keeping them joined, if possible) and wedge the bases into a baking dish. Layer with the chicken, tomato sauce, mozzarella and spring onion, followed by the tops of the rolls.
- Brush over melted butter and bake for 20 minutes, covering with foil after 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley to serve.