|500 g g||roast chicken roast chicken|
|1 l l||chicken stock chicken stock|
|6 handfuls handful||sweetcorn sweetcorn|
|2 tbsp tbsp||soy sauce soy sauce|
|2||spring onions spring onion|
Chicken and sweetcorn soup
This light and tasty soup is inspired by mild Asian flavours, beautifully seasoned with soy sauce and finished with chopped spring onion to add a pop of freshness. Quick to prepare using a handful of standard ingredients, this is an ideal mid-week starter or light meal that the whole family will enjoy.
- Shred the roasted chicken using two forks, securing the chicken with one fork and shredding it with the other. Set aside.
- Simmer the majority of the sweetcorn in the stock over a gentle heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and using a handblender, gently blitz the ingredients until smooth.
- Return the pan to a medium heat and add the shredded roast chicken, as well as the remaining sweetcorn.
- Simmer the soup for 1 minute and season with soy sauce.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with the finely chopped spring onion.