|2 tsp tsp||ground cumin ground cumin|
(zest and juice)
|2 tbsp tbsp||extra virgin olive oil extra virgin olive oil|
|2|| garlic cloves
|4||chicken breast chicken breast|
|100 g g|| plain yoghurt
|1 bunches bunch|| coriander
(large, finely chopped)
|1 pouches pouch||Spicy Mexican style rice Spicy Mexican style rice|
|400 g g|| kidney beans
(from a tin, drained)
|4 heads head|| baby gem lettuce
baby gem lettuce|
(peeled, de-stoned and sliced)
|1 handfuls handful||tortilla chips tortilla chip|
Chicken nacho sharing salad
This chicken nacho sharing salad brings together sweet tomatoes and smoky rice, with lots of tasty flavours for a great summertime dinner.
- Begin by marinating the chicken. Mix the cumin, olive oil, garlic and seasoning with the zest and juice of 1 lime, mix with the chicken and leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Meannwhile, make a zesty yoghurt dressing. Mix the yoghurt with half the coriander, the remaining lime zest and seasoning to taste. In a separate bowl, mix up a speedy salsa with tomato for sweetness, the lime juice and remaining coriander.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chicken (reserving its marinade) for 18-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate, return the pan to the heat and pour in the marinade, cooking for 1 minute.
- With the pan still on the heat, add the Mexican rice for smokiness along with kidney beans for bulk. Stir well, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Slice the chicken breasts and tip any resting juices into the rice. Spread the lettuce leaves across a serving platter and top with the rice and beans, chicken and avocado. Spoon over salsa and yoghurt dressing, garnishing with crumbled tortilla chips for a touch of crunch .