For the filling
|40 g g||butter butter|
|100 g g||kales kale|
|35 g g||flour flour|
|500 ml ml||chicken stock chicken stock|
|nice and strong|
|100 ml ml||single cream single cream|
|200 g g||roast chicken roast chicken|
|100 g g||Peas Pea|
For the potato topping
|250 g g||new potato new potato|
|skin on and sliced into 4mm discs|
|25 g g||butter butter|
|1 pinches pinch||paprika paprika|
|2 tbsp tbsp||parsley parsley|
|black pepper black pepper|
Chicken pot pie with seasonal greens
This chicken pie recipe is packed with seasonal greens, and is a great way of using up leftover roast meat to make a quick and tasty Monday night supper. Pair with a glass of our lightly oaked Mâcon Villages.
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan/gas mark 7.
- Fry the leeks in the butter in an ovenproof dish and add the kale in batches, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Stir through the flour and cook for 1 minute, then pour in the stock. Cook for 1 minute before adding the cream, chicken and peas.
- Arrange the potato over the top, overlapping to completely cover the filling. Brush with melted butter and season, baking for 30 - 35 minutes until golden.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes, then scatter over paprika and parsley to garnish. Serve with a green salad.