|1 tins tin||chickpeas chickpea|
|500 g g||Curry Sauce Curry Sauce|
(cut into small florets and stalks cut into batons)
|200 g g||white rice white rice|
|1|| chilli powder
|2|| large carrots
(peeled and cut into even-sized chunks)
Chickpea and vegetable curry with rice
Try a fresh take on curry night with our filling chickpea and veggie alternative. And thanks to a jar of curry sauce, it’ll be ready in under 30 minutes! Any leftover curry will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan on a medium heat.
- Add the onions and gently fry for a few minutes until they become translucent.
- Add the peppers and carrots and cook for a few minutes before adding the chickpeas and curry sauce.
- Stir to combine well and bring the sauce up to a boil before covering and simmering for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Whilst the curry is cooking, rinse the rice and cook according to the packet instructions. Keep warm until serving.
- Place the broccoli in a small pot on the hob and pour over just-boiled kettle water. Bring up to the boil and then immediately drain.
- Add this to the curry just before serving, or you can serve on the side if you have fussy eaters!