|200 g g||butter butter|
|250 g g||dark chocolate dark chocolate|
|180 g g|| icing sugar
(plus extra for dusting)
|1 pinches pinch||salt salt|
|80 g g||flour flour|
|1 tsp tsp||baking powder baking powder|
|150 g g|| walnuts
Chocolate brownies with walnuts
This chocolate brownie recipe combines dark chocolate and chunks of walnuts, creating a rich, squidgy treat with fantastic texture. Serve warm with ice cream and chocolate sauce for a delicious dessert, or on their own as a sweet snack.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4 and grease a 25cm tray bake tin.
- Dice the butter and finely chop 200g of the chocolate. Melt together in a bowl over a pan of hot water, ensuring the bowl is not touching the surface of the water.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, icing sugar and salt until thick and creamy. Let the chocolate mixture cool down a little, then fold into the eggs.
- Coarsely chop the remaining chocolate and mix with the walnuts, flour and baking powder. Add this to the chocolate mixture, stirring well to combine.
- Pour into the greased tin and baking in the oven for 30 minutes, until the surface is hard but the brownies are still soft inside. If the top becomes too dark while baking simply cover with foil.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin. Turn them out onto a plate and dust with icing sugar, then cut into cubes to serve.