|2||beef frying steaks beef frying steak||
|125 ml ml||olive oil olive oil||
Citrus beef marinade
This zesty marinade works well with beef and is perfect for the barbecue, although you can also cook the meat in a griddle pan if the weather isn’t on your side. As with most marinades, the taste improves the longer that you leave it so don’t forget to plan ahead when preparing this dish.
- Juice and zest 1 orange and 1 lemon and mix with the oil, garlic and rosemary in a wide, flat dish.
- Chop the remaining orange and lemon into wedges and add to the marinade along with the steaks.
- Turn the beef until evenly coated, then cover the dish with cling film and leave to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- After this time, remove the meat from the marinade and cook on a hot grill for 2 minutes on each side. Once cooked, remove the meat from the pan and leave the rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile strain the marinade into a small pan over a medium-high heat. Simmer to reduce, then pour over the steak and serve.