|1 packs pack|| vanilla cake mix
vanilla cake mix|
(made up according to packet instructions )
|200 g g|| frozen raspberries
|6 tbsp tbsp||apricot jam apricot jam|
|800 g g||ready-to-roll white icing sugar ready-to-roll white icing sugar|
Colourful butterfly vanilla cakes
Create these sweet, fruity and easy-to-make cakes with silicone baking moulds, and decorate with an assortment of colourful sweets for a fun activity with the little ones.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/ gas mark 4. Spoon the cake mixture into greased cake moulds (there will be enough for 2 batches). Bake for 14-18 minutes, then leave to cool. The vanilla flavour will add a lovely warmth to your cakes.
- Meanwhile, mash the raspberries for fruitiness through a sieve into a pan and simmer the juice. Stir frequently for 15 minutes until reduced to a thick paste. Leave to cool.
- Dust a clean surface with icing sugar. Weigh out half of the ready-to-roll icing and knead in spoonfuls of raspberry paste until pink, then roll out to 3mm thick. Roll out the remaining white icing to the same thickness.
- Brush the tops and sides of the cakes with apricot jam for sweetness and cover with either the pink or white icing, trimming the edges and pressing down lightly to create detail.
- Decorate the cakes with icing trimmings and sweets for colour, sticking them on with a paste made from 1 tbsp icing sugar and 1 tsp water.