(peeled and sliced)
(peeled and diced)
|500 g g||beef mince beef mince|
|1 tbsp tbsp||flour flour|
|501||beef stock beef stock|
|1 tbsp tbsp||tomato purée tomato purée|
|vegetable oil vegetable oil|
|black pepper black pepper|
|750 g g|| potatoes
(peeled and chopped)
|50 g g||butter butter|
|50 ml ml||whole milk whole milk|
|50 g g|| mature cheddar
This hearty cottage pie makes a hearty and delicious midweek meal. Serve alongside steamed kale or cabbage, or a pile of boiled carrots and green beans and a big glass of our Tarragona Gran Reserva.
- Add a dash of oil to a pan and gently fry the onion, garlic and carrot. Add the mince to the pan and continue to fry until the meat has browned.
- Crumble over the beef stock cube and stir through the flour, cooking for 2 minutes. Pour in the stock and simmer until it begins to thicken.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in salted water for 15 minutes, until soft. Drain and mash together with the butter, milk and cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Pour the beef mixture into a baking dish and use the tip of a fork to create lines across the potato.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until golden and bubbling.