(cut into 10-15mm rounds )
|200 g g|| ricotta
|250 g g|| mozzarella
For the sauce
|3||garlic cloves garlic cloves|
|1 tbsp tbsp||smoked paprika smoked paprika|
|1 tsp tsp||chilli flakes chilli flakes|
|1 tins tin||chopped tomato chopped tomato|
|15|| cherry tomatos
|200 ml ml||vegetable stock vegetable stock|
|2 tsp tsp||dried basil dried basil|
|2 tsp tsp||dried oregano dried oregano|
|100 ml ml||Olive oil Olive oil|
Creamy baked aubergine pie
This baked aubergine pie with creamy ricotta and warming paprika is our very own version of one of Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch weekend recipes. We’ve suggested ingredients to make it - which you can pick up in your local Lidl store. If serving as a main meal, add two portions of your favourite vegetables on the side.
- Oil and season the 3 aubergines and griddle for 3 mins on each side.
- For the sauce, gently fry the sliced onion and cloves of garlic for 8 mins until soft and starting to caramelise.
- Add the smoked paprika for warmth, chilli flakes to bring lots of punch, chopped tomatoes, halved cherry tomatoes, vegetable stock, lemon zest, dried basil, oregano and olive oil. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 mins.
- Put a small amount of the sauce in the bottom of a baking dish, then add a quarter of the aubergines and a few ricotta ‘blobs’ for creaminess.
- Repeat this process by layering the sauce, aubergines and ricotta until all gone. Finish the top of the aubergine pie with torn mozzarella.
- Bake at 200C for approx. 15 min to melt the cheese, and serve with garlic bread.